Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Same Menu and Header for all templates

Level 3

Hi guys,

We have the following problem in our site:

a) We have multiple templates;

b) In each of these templates we have the Header and Footer of our site (they are components);

c) The Header and Footer has the same content for all the templates;

c) The author has dialogs where he sets the configuration of the Header and Footer.

The problem here is that he has to set these Header & Footer configurations for each of the templates.

So, if the menu changes, he has to open all the templates and make the change.

Is there a way to centralize these kind of configurations? we want to do it just one time.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Unless the header and footer is a dynamic content, it has to be managed at the template.

couple of options

1. As Scott mentioned use editable templates and let author make changes or

2. I would create a experience fragments using these components and include in the template. So you can make a change at one place in experience fragment and that gets reflected on all the templates

thanks,

lokesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I assume you are using editable templates. You would need to open each editable template and update the headers and footers.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Unless the header and footer is a dynamic content, it has to be managed at the template.

couple of options

1. As Scott mentioned use editable templates and let author make changes or

2. I would create a experience fragments using these components and include in the template. So you can make a change at one place in experience fragment and that gets reflected on all the templates

thanks,

lokesh

Level 10

Exactly - if you put in header EX and want to change - you change it at one location and it should reflect in all locations where its used.

Level 3

Thank you guys! Experience fragment is exactly what I need.