Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Safe to delete older versions of CFP?

Level 3

Dear Experts,

in /crx/packmgr:

if I select the latest CFP Package, under More/Older Versions there are all the anterior CFPs still available

I know that they cannot be restored so maybe it would be a good idea to just delete them? It would free a lot of space

But is it safe?

Kind regards

Ivan

Here an example of what I would like to delete:

rm-old-cfp.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ivan,

Except the latest cfp you can delete the rest safely.   Technically latest cfp is also not required but when adobe release new version of hotfix/cfp it will check the dependency hence better to retain it .

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

If they are for your current AEM version - i would not delete them.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ivan,

Except the latest cfp you can delete the rest safely.   Technically latest cfp is also not required but when adobe release new version of hotfix/cfp it will check the dependency hence better to retain it .

Thanks,

Level 3

Thanks for your answers!

I tried it out, but it didn't went well. A lot of packages seem to have dependencies to older CFPs,

so afterwards there are a lot of warnings in /crx/packmgr

If I go to Edit/Dependencies e.g. for cq-contexthub, I see:

cq-platform-content, contexthub.content, cfp6, cfp7, cfp8, cfp9, cfp10

So, my follow-up question is, what to do with such packages. Maybe remove dependencies to older CFPs to deactivate the warning?

cfp_deps.png

Best regards,
Ivan

Level 9

Old packages you can remove it since it is already installed.

Level 3

Thanks a lot for your answers, guys!

I found another museum like location: crx-quickstart/launchpad/installer

There is a huge number of older versions for Packages like tika and oak-core

Is there any official process for purging old copies or may I just remove the files?

Kind regards

Ivan