Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

S3 bucket size drastically increasing (daily 300GB)

Level 3

Dear Team,

We are using S3 bucket to  save DAM data which have more than 5 KB. Daily we are creating 1000 pages and 200 images (max size of image is 80 kb). But S3 is increasing via 300 GB daily. Please help to find the reason behind this

Thanks!,

Devakrishna

9 Replies

Level 3

if  I configured s3 in my server.. what are the files uploaded  to s3 ?

Level 10

If you do not hear from any community member on this - you should consider opening a ticket.

Community Advisor

Did you check with AWS customer support. This looks more like an issue in AWS than AEM?

Level 4

Hi Deva,

Please check if you have multiple renditions automated workflows or the bulk image uploads being done by AEM userS?

Level 3

We have enabled renditions automated workflow, actually that is default workflow. We are tried to disable that workflow but it does not disabled , is there any option to disable??

Level 4

You can achieve this by disabling existing launcher of dam "Update Assest Workflow".
Open http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html  -- go to -> Launcher Tab and search for DAM Update assest.

Edit configuration and select Disable and then click OK. Please see the image below:

Capture.PNG

Level 3

Dear All,

Please find my analysis on this.

I have tired in Vanilla Instance

=======================

1) Rendition issue  - If i add one image in dam it will create 4 image rendition in dam- our image have maximum size is 80 KB

Maximum image per day is 500 --  We Have disabled above workflow , no big change  growth size

2) Replication -- Root cause of issue.

=============================

I have created one article  it have size is one 1 MB  if replicate to publishers it create one reference in  S3  i t have size is 1 MB

if i have 2 publisher then it create 2 entries in S3 and total size is 2MB, Our environment have more than 30 publishers  and minimum page is 3MB,

Our Total Article creation per day is 1500

Our image upload to dam is 500

Average replication is 2000

How i can fix this issue ???