Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Run campaign workflow from some other third party applications

Level 2

I am working on a requirement where we need to run campaign workflow from some other third party applications. Also some data will be passed from that third party application to that workflow. e.g. When user registers on the website we want to send an email to the user from campaign while sending the email we need his last name, email, interested in etc.

All the fields that the user is filling in into the registration form will be used somewhere or the other in the campaign workflow e.g. phone number also for sms sending.

Need help in deciding how should I approach towards solving this problem ?

Adobe CampaignAdobe Experience Manager

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi pranavku​,

As I understand this, it is a typical usecase of campaign workflow triggers from third party external applications. The best and easiest way I can guide through will be using .jssp scripts which are fairly simple to write and are meant for exactly same scenarios which you are referring to here. For you understanding, it will be something like a REST call to a script(which is a .jssp in campaign). Inside that .jssp script you can write code to trigger your workflow with whatever data you are receiving from external application.

Code in jssp will be something like below :

<%@ page  import=“/nl/core/shared/nl.js,nms:amcIntegration.js”%>

<% NL.require(“/nl/core/api.js”) .require(‘/nl/core/jsspcontext.js’);   

logonEscalation(“webapp”);   

// reading the incoming parameters below e.g. email 

var pEmail = (request.getParameter(“email”)).trim();   

var pDraftFlag = “Yes”;     

logInfo(‘Waking up  Some workflow for lead :’ + pEmail);   

xtk.workflow.PostEvent(‘<workflowname>’, ‘signal’, ‘’, , false);   

return “{resp_code:‘success’,message:‘Recipient successfully created’}“;

%>

Calling this will be a simple ajax call from your external aplication to URL something like . /jssp/cus/.jssp Note: cus here is your namespace.

Will be happy to help if you need further help with this scenario

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Can you post a diagram that shows exactly what you are thinking to make this clearer. Will the workflow be a Campiagn or AEM workflow?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi pranavku​,

As I understand this, it is a typical usecase of campaign workflow triggers from third party external applications. The best and easiest way I can guide through will be using .jssp scripts which are fairly simple to write and are meant for exactly same scenarios which you are referring to here. For you understanding, it will be something like a REST call to a script(which is a .jssp in campaign). Inside that .jssp script you can write code to trigger your workflow with whatever data you are receiving from external application.

Code in jssp will be something like below :

<%@ page  import=“/nl/core/shared/nl.js,nms:amcIntegration.js”%>

<% NL.require(“/nl/core/api.js”) .require(‘/nl/core/jsspcontext.js’);   

logonEscalation(“webapp”);   

// reading the incoming parameters below e.g. email 

var pEmail = (request.getParameter(“email”)).trim();   

var pDraftFlag = “Yes”;     

logInfo(‘Waking up  Some workflow for lead :’ + pEmail);   

xtk.workflow.PostEvent(‘<workflowname>’, ‘signal’, ‘’, , false);   

return “{resp_code:‘success’,message:‘Recipient successfully created’}“;

%>

Calling this will be a simple ajax call from your external aplication to URL something like . /jssp/cus/.jssp Note: cus here is your namespace.

Will be happy to help if you need further help with this scenario