Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Run a Cq workflow in the backend.

Level 3

Hi All,

I created one custom workflow for the schedule activation functionality. But i have to show the schedule time just like activation later instead  of workflow icon in the siteadmin and  i can able to run other workflows on the page.

How to execute the workflow in the backend just like how it is working for schedule activation and deactivation workflows.

Please help me to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sony C.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sony,

Schedule Activation or deactivation from the siteadmin is a process that gets called as a scheduler and its not the workflow.

You can also create a action/button similar to that and call a service which will have a custom scheduled activation or deactivation. I dont think so its a workfow 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sony,

Schedule Activation or deactivation from the siteadmin is a process that gets called as a scheduler and its not the workflow.

You can also create a action/button similar to that and call a service which will have a custom scheduled activation or deactivation. I dont think so its a workfow 

Level 3

Thanks for your quick reply Bsloki,

Actually, i am triggering the OOTB Schedule page/asset activation workflow from other workflows, it is behaving proper and showing a task schedule icon for that particular page in siteadmin, and still able to start some other workflow on that same page. So now the first executed schedule workflow still running as it is.

Now, The same way i have created a custom schedule page/asset activation workflow, but when i triggered this for a particular page, it is showing as a normal workflow icon instead of task schedule icon. How can we achieve this as same to OOTB?

Thanks,

Sony C.

Level 10

It's default AEM behavior.

To AEM it does not care what all steps you have created inside workflow. If a page is in workflow, irrespective of in which step that page is, it will show default workflow icon. if this is too necessary, you might need to customize siteadmin for this workflow which could be a time consuming task.

Can you please elaborate, when ootb activate later is available, then why you would like to embed this feature in a custom workflow. ?