Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

RTE wrap text with <strong> tag when Bold icon is clicked

Level 4

I have a requirement when the user clicks on Bold icon of the RTE then the text has to be wrapped with <strong> tag instead on <b>.

I tried using the solution from the link Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Rich Text Editor Remove Bold and A... but i am not able to add the Strong plugin. From the solution able to remove the bold tag but not able to add Strong plugin.

I am using AEM 6.3 + Service pack 2. Any help in this regard.

I would like to overlay this solution and not confined to just one component so whenever a RTE is used and bold is clicked then the text should be wrapped with <strong> tag instead of <b> tag.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

As mentioned above, use this link to install the custom package, it has step-by-step documentation to enable it -

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Rich Text Editor Remove Bold and A...

Modify the category to rte.coralui3 as you want to run it in 6.4

HTH

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 4

Hi Arun,

In this case the resource super type for the text component has to be always text component from core. But if we use Text component from "general" then this solution does not apply.

So basically want to have custom plugin in toolbar for RTE in 6.3 where it will wrap the text with <strong>.

Level 10

There are examples on Sreekanth Choudry Nalabotu's blog on how to write plug-ins for RTE. For example - Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 62 - TouchUI Dialog RTE (Mini RTE) To Upper Case...

Level 3

Hi,

One options is to create custom plugin ,add it on toolbar ,hide existing Bold plugin. For this you can refer the example given by smacdonald2008​ above.

Another solutions is you overlay existing command for bold plugin and replace <b> with <strong>. For this you can overlay DefaultFormatting.js.

Code you need to change is

_getTagNameForCommand: function(cmd) {

var cmdLC = cmd.toLowerCase();

var tagName = null;

switch (cmdLC) {

case "bold":

tagName = "b";  //Change this "b" with "strong"

break;

case "italic":

tagName = "i";

break;

case "underline":

tagName = "u";

break;

case "subscript":

tagName = "sub";

break;

case "superscript":

tagName = "sup";

break;

}

return tagName;

},

Hope this helps.

Level 4

Hi Vipin,

If we overlay DefaultFormatting.js initially the tag <b> is getting replaced with strong. After saving and reopening the dialog again it is not possible anymore to remove the <strong>-Tags. So any suggestion to solve this.

Thanks

Level 2

Hello Folks,

I am using Aem 6.4 instance and i need to configure the RTE where i should see the <strong> tag instead of <b> and <em> tag instead of <i>. How can i achieve this?

Solution for this would really help me.

Many thanks in advance,

Srikar.Y

Correct answer by
Level 10

As mentioned above, use this link to install the custom package, it has step-by-step documentation to enable it -

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 61 - Touch UI Rich Text Editor Remove Bold and A...

Modify the category to rte.coralui3 as you want to run it in 6.4

HTH