Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rollout config

Level 4

Hi,

I am creating live copies using an existing page.This page has larger number of child pages(immediate level) to it.Now i want to inherit the properties only to the child pages .Since I have many child pages I cannot set the rollout config for each of them.

Is there any option such that I can restrict inheritance only to children?

Even inheritance only for a particular type of template also helps,do we have any such option ?

Regards,
Krishna
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

On the MSM docs page, I added a link to the custom action page :)

As the example custom liveaction shows, you can access the source node and check the node properties. The page's jcr:content node has the property cq:Template...

scott

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

Hi Krishna,

I don't quite understand your situation. The source page has many children, but I don't understand which properties you do not want to inherit.

At any rate, if you have some exceptional rollout requirements, you can create custom synchronization actions and use them with your rollout configuration:

https://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/multi_site_manager_dev.html#Creating%20a%20New%20S...

scott

Level 4

Hi Scott,

I am using content update action and I have no exclude properties as i need all the titles and properties to get populated.But this should effect only my child pages.But When I am creating a new live copy even the parent page title gets populated which I am not interested in.So i thinking whether I could restrict copy at template level.Is there any possibility to restrict copy at page level (Not only for the above scenario but I may need it further ) 

Thanks for sharing the link on creating a new sync action,I have been searching  for it  :)

Can I add restrictions at template level by configuring new sync action?

Krshna

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I had already went through them.But I could find any thing related to restricting replication at template level.I need some thing like changes should be populated across a particular template type.

Krishna

Level 2

Hey,

I followed follwing link for creating LiveAction, at the last of the link it was mentioned that the liveaction would be called everytime a page is activated that is created using Livecopy.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/developing/multi_site_manager_dev.html

This does not holds true for me. LiveAction class is called only once, as soon as i click create livecopy button.

I wanted to call it before/after live copy of each page is created.

Would appreciate any help.

Correct answer by
Level 8

On the MSM docs page, I added a link to the custom action page :)

As the example custom liveaction shows, you can access the source node and check the node properties. The page's jcr:content node has the property cq:Template...

scott

Level 8

Perhaps you could perform the rollout for all, and the custom sync action checks the template type, and if it's not the right type then don't do anything.

Level 4

Scott Brodersen wrote...

Perhaps you could perform the rollout for all, and the custom sync action checks the template type, and if it's not the right type then don't do anything.

Thanks Scott I will try that .