Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Best practices for full fledged AEM 5 development environment

Employee

Hi All,

I  am working on CQ5.5. The following environemnt we areusing for development.

CRXDELite < - >  Eclipse Java Content Repository Perspective < - > VLT Check-in/Check out <-> J2EE Perspective <-> SVN

CRXDELite, Eclipse Java Content Repository Perspective  ----> component/template creation (mainly jsp coding)

J2EE Perspective  ----> Java servlet coding (mainly java coding)

VLT Check-in/Check out  ----> For moving the data from/to J2EE Perspsective from/to CRXDELite

SVN  -----> Versioning from J2EE Perspective

is there any other possible way for a full fledged development environment using eclipse?

If you are using any other pluging/best prctices kindly let know.

It will be really helpful.

Regards,

Raja R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

we have a similar setup as the described but uses VLT mostly without CRXDE. Most of our developers uses other tools do develop, such as IDEA/IntelliJ for OSGi development and script development. We have also choosen to use the CQ Blueprint Maven Artifacts (http://www.cqblueprints.com/xwiki/bin/view/Blue+Prints/The+CQ+Project+ Maven+Archetype) and separate our different parts of the sites in modules and use Maven to build and deliver packages.

If you are not forced by policies to use SVN, I would advice you to use Git instead.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

we have a similar setup as the described but uses VLT mostly without CRXDE. Most of our developers uses other tools do develop, such as IDEA/IntelliJ for OSGi development and script development. We have also choosen to use the CQ Blueprint Maven Artifacts (http://www.cqblueprints.com/xwiki/bin/view/Blue+Prints/The+CQ+Project+ Maven+Archetype) and separate our different parts of the sites in modules and use Maven to build and deliver packages.

If you are not forced by policies to use SVN, I would advice you to use Git instead.