Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rollout config with property cq:trigger not working as expected

Level 4

Hi All,

I have a requirement where we want to rollout the changes and activate the live-copes if we modify and activate the page on blue print.

For this to achieve I have followed the adobe documentation. Extending the Multi Site Manager . where I have configured on page properties our custom rollout config which is triggered on activation and added one more OOB activate rollout config. But it doesnt seems to be working as expected.

Using both the Rollout on blueprint is causing the live-copy pages to activate before changes are rolledout on the live-copy from the blueprint. So the changes on blue print is not getting available on publish instance. But it is available on the author instance of live-copy site.

Is there a way we can controll the execution of these action so that activation of live copy should only happen after the content is updated on the rollout config.

note: the custom rollout config which i am using is just a copy of the default rollout config with cq:trigger=publish property

custom rollout config :

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 18.55.53.png

blueprint rollout config:

Screenshot 2019-07-16 at 18.59.29.png

Please add your views kautuksahni

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

removing this property will not trigger rollout

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Subrato,

What happens when you remove this property ? Did the functionality work for you.

Also did you see anything in debug logs for API : com.day.cq.wcm.msm , to check the sequence what is happening.

Correct answer by
Level 4

removing this property will not trigger rollout

Level 1

Hi subrato ,

I have same requirements and facing similar issue.

did you find any solution? 
can you please share.

Level 1

Hi,

We did a custom approach of Event handler where we capture page modification. And depending on the service user modifying the page we activate the page else we dont.