Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Richtext plugin support in multifield Touch UI

Level 2

Hi,

I have a requirement to use richtext with all the plugins in the multifield component , using AEM 6.3.

I have integrated richtext but while authoring I can see basic plugins like format.lists,hyperlink,unlink.

I have tried creating a rtePlugin node below the text node with all the plugin as child nodes of rtePlugin, but it always shows the basic even though I remove the entire rtePlugin structure.

Help will be appreciated

Thanks

Richu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Richu,

Once you add rtePlugin, you must configure uiSettings for the RichText Editor dialog, which are used to build the RTE toolbar. RTE provides some default settings that you can override based on your requirements as shown in the below screenshots.

NOTE: We've added styles plugin here in the rtePlugin node and then configured it in uiSettings node. So that the styles plugin is shown in RTE toolbar.

richtext.png

richtext1.png

Once you configure uiSettings with all your defined plugins as shown in the above screenshots, you'll be able to see your plugins in RTE toolbar as shown in the below screenshots.

richtext3.png

NOTE: For reference purposes, the default Text components (delivered as part of a standard installation) can be found at:

/libs/wcm/foundation/components/text

/libs/foundation/components/text

These must not be edited, but can be copied to create your own text component.

For more information, please refer:

Configuring the Rich Text Editor

We hope this helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Richu,

Once you add rtePlugin, you must configure uiSettings for the RichText Editor dialog, which are used to build the RTE toolbar. RTE provides some default settings that you can override based on your requirements as shown in the below screenshots.

NOTE: We've added styles plugin here in the rtePlugin node and then configured it in uiSettings node. So that the styles plugin is shown in RTE toolbar.

richtext.png

richtext1.png

Once you configure uiSettings with all your defined plugins as shown in the above screenshots, you'll be able to see your plugins in RTE toolbar as shown in the below screenshots.

richtext3.png

NOTE: For reference purposes, the default Text components (delivered as part of a standard installation) can be found at:

/libs/wcm/foundation/components/text

/libs/foundation/components/text

These must not be edited, but can be copied to create your own text component.

For more information, please refer:

Configuring the Rich Text Editor

We hope this helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the solution. It worked but to add new plugins to the inline toolbar, there are some issues.

When I tried adding plugin - #edit  and #misctools (#plugin name) to the inline property and added new node to support features under the popover node like edit (node) with property edit#cut and other supported features.

I was able to render the popover icons for edit - cut , paste & misctools- sourcecode but the icons itself for edit and misctools aren't rendering.

Is it a bug or I am not doing in  correct manner?

Thanks