Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Rich text editor stripes href attribute when single quotes used

Level 2

Hi guys,

I have an issue with rich text editor. Lets say I have rich text editor and I want to set initial value for it using crx de. I set the value of property text to <a href='someAddress'>...</a> using single quotation mark for attribute value. Then I see the result and the link pointing to the correct address. Then I switch to editor mode, edit text and save it - tag a is still here but without href attribute. But if I use double quotes like <a href="someAddress">...</a> everything works fine. Is it expected behaviour? Bug? The version of AEM is 5.6. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please file daycare & looks like a bug. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

You can find the code for CQ components under /Libs in CRXDE Lite, as shown in this illustration:

[img]libs.png[/img]

As a matter of fact - when writing your own components - Adobe encourages developers to copy the source code under libs and them modify the code. This is shown in this topic: 

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/current/getting_started/first_steps_for_developers.html

Of course -- you can look at the code to better understand how CQ works. 

Level 2

Alternatively does someone know if the source code of components is available somewhere? 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please file daycare & looks like a bug.