Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rich text editor plugins not visible on touch UI dialog in AEM 6.3

Level 4

All the rich text plugins that are present in the classic UI dialog are not getting rendered in the touch UI dialog in AEM 6.3 .

I have added the rtePlugins node under text node and activated all plugins similar to the classic UI dialog, but all the plugins which are in classic UI do not render in touch ui dialog

1294210_pastedImage_0.png

1294214_pastedImage_1.png

I followed this link - Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog ; but even using the package in this link; all the plugins are not visible on the touch ui dialog.

how can I enable all rich text plugins of classic UI in touch UI dialog? Has anyone been successful in doing it ?

Please let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I re-tested just now with the HELPX article package. It works!! Please find the below screenshot.

AllPlugins.PNG

smacdonald2008​ - Can you also please test in 6.3?

Also this thread also relates to same: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9812906#9812906

Thanks,

Ratna.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Configuring RTE plugins in Touch UI dialog is not same in Classic UI and Touch UI.

Check this HELPX article for configuring RTE plugins in Touch UI dialog: https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/touchUI_RTE_configure.html

I tested the package in this article and see all.the plugins available!!

Hope this Helps!

~Ratna.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I re-tested just now with the HELPX article package. It works!! Please find the below screenshot.

AllPlugins.PNG

smacdonald2008​ - Can you also please test in 6.3?

Also this thread also relates to same: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9812906#9812906

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 10

Hi,

If still it is not working..I suggest you to deploy the HELPX Article package in new fresh instance and check the same.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna

Level 10

This is for the Touch UI - not classic UI.

Level 4

Hi guys Ratna Kumar, smacdonald2008

Thanks for your response.

This is correct; the plugins are available in rich text editor on AEM 6.3. But the plugins do not show up until the touch ui dialog is clicked upon. Could you please let me know if this is a known issue with rich text editor's touch ui dialog ? Also, 'no available styles'

1297917_pastedImage_0.png

is displayed as no styles have been added. If the styles tab is deleted from the cq:dialog; 'no available styles'  is displayed above the text tab. Could you please let me know how can this message be removed completely? Would appreciate your response.

1297919_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Level 5

I have a fresh install of 6.3 and installed TestTouchRTE and it doesn't show up. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Level 5

yes i did....when I open dialog box, I see nothing. I see space above the text box but nothing. If I click inside, it doesn't pop up. if I max the dialog box it pops up but a lot of space inbetween. I am also getting a javascript error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addClass' of null

at instanceGenerator.construct [as _construct] (richtext.js:40615)

at instanceGenerator.Class.prototype.construct (richtext.js:292)

at new instanceGenerator (richtext.js:303)

at instanceGenerator.createToolbar (richtext.js:42484)

at instanceGenerator.addBackgroundToolbar (richtext.js:4931)

at switchToolbar (all.js:2463)

at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (all.js:2441)

at Function.each (jquery.js:370)

at jQuery.fn.init.each (jquery.js:137)

at HTMLElement.<anonymous> (all.js:2438)

Level 10

This is not reproducible for me. I get this... See there is error message in the Browser.

RET11.png

Can you try on a fresh instance - lets see if you can reproduce on a fresh instance and go from there.

Level 5

this was a fresh install of 6.3

Level 5

ok I tested it in IE and it worked, this is an issue with Chrome, and I am on Chrome 63.0.3239.84

Level 10

I am using version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I recommend opening a support ticket so they can investigate. There is something weird going on. I cannot reproduce this nor other community members such as Ratna,

Level 1

Regarding the JS error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'addClass' of null

I have debugged it and finally was due to a missing uiSetting in my dialog xml file.

it must have a dialogFullScreen node under "uiSettings" node

<dialogFullScreen
   jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
   toolbar="[format#bold,justify#justifyleft,justify#justifycenter,justify#justifyright,lists#unordered,lists#ordered,lists#outdent,lists#indent,links#modifylink,links#unlink,links#anchor]">

</dialogFullScreen>

I hope it helps someone else.