Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

reuse cq:dialog in AEM cloud

Level 4

Hi Team,

I want to reuse the existing component cq:dialog(multiple fields at one place) into another dialog. May I know is there any way to do this?

other component dialog path: /apps/aaa/components/bbb/cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/test/items/columns/items/column/items/delete

path- /apps/xxx/components/yyy/cq:dialog

resourcetype - granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey,

There are two approaches which depends on your requirement -

1. Extending the full dialog

2. Extending only some fields

1. Extending the full dialog - In this case, you can use the slingResourceSuperType property to extend.

2. Extending only some fields - You can create some global reusable fields and use the property "path" to extend it.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Lakshmi9 , you can create a centralized TouchUI namespace for where you will re-use touchUI configurations. For example, under this path, /apps/sourcedcodeaem/dialogs/content/common/fields/_cq_dialog/.content.xml. To learn more you can go into this URL and have a read How to Write AEM Reusable Touch UI, Granite UI Configuration - Sourced Code

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey,

There are two approaches which depends on your requirement -

1. Extending the full dialog

2. Extending only some fields

1. Extending the full dialog - In this case, you can use the slingResourceSuperType property to extend.

2. Extending only some fields - You can create some global reusable fields and use the property "path" to extend it.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!