Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Retrieve deleted or moved data/asset/content fragment model information - Adobe cloud

Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, 

How can we retrieve any information about deleted data in a folder in Adobe cloud services. 

Our business team is reporting that they created content fragment model in the /content/dam/abc location, but the are not available now. 

The models that were created 6 months ago are available, but the ones created last month are not. 

We have not made any changes to the content through the package manager or CICD pipeline. 

Any informatin please, that can help in solving the mystery?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@nj2  I recommand you to create a adobe ticket and check for splunk logs for that particular timestamps.

If you need to have a restore check for a checkpoint in the instance and restore to that time

Before that, please check your filter.xml is not overwritting any of the content fragments or assets locations 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @nj2 ,

If you know the time frame and have access to Splunk, you can check the logs for the entries which look suspicious.

For instance:-

• Check access-related logs for that particular path.
  • Check if there were any maintenance jobs run during that time window
  • Any related/unrelated package installation entry.

In terms of recovery AFAIK, a partial restore is not possible, there are two options:-

1. If they are present on publishers, create packages and bring them to the author.
  2. Or ask for a restoration of AEM to a time in the past, this needs to be raised through support. (Note: This will also wipe out any content created after that).

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Nitesh

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@nj2  I recommand you to create a adobe ticket and check for splunk logs for that particular timestamps.

If you need to have a restore check for a checkpoint in the instance and restore to that time

Before that, please check your filter.xml is not overwritting any of the content fragments or assets locations