Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Restricting the allowed component to a single component

Level 2

In AEM 6.3, is there any way to restrict the author to a single allowed component ?

or if i create a policy , is there any way to lock the policy so that author doesn't go about and add further allowed components ??

6 Replies

Level 10

In AEM 6.3 - you should use Editable Templates and then define the components that are allowed in the Layout by using a policy. Once successfully done - the allowed components will show up in the editable template layout section.

editableTemplate.png

Authors should not be allowed to modify template policies.

Level 10

Anyone reading this thread (users who have older versions of AEM for example) and want to know HOW TO use editable templates within AEM - see Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 website using Editable Temp...

Level 2

can authors be able to modify the policies ?
or access the policies ??

Level 2

1485446_pastedImage_0.png

If author go about & consequently modified the policies to add couple of additional allowed components , is there any way to restrict (except for one component) addition of others by displaying a popup mentioning that " This component could not be added " ??

or is my approach wrong ?

Also it would have been helpful to know , where the policies are stored ?

Level 10

You can always setup groups and place authors in a group that cannot modify editable templates.

All editable templates info is stored in the JCR here -- /conf/<PROJECT_NAME>/settings