Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

resize, crop etc for an image in text component is no more available in AEM 6.5

Level 1

I have OOB text component. With earlier versions of AEM, i was able to resize the image in text component but with AEM 6.5, option have been reduced to edit the image in text component. Can those option be some how made available in AEM 6.5 as well. One of such option was to resize, crop etc an image in text component which is no more available in AEM 6.5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sumedhak7436918 

OOTB Text component is used only to author textual content and for authoring the Image content we have an OOTB Image component which already has the below features like Resize, crop etc...

These 2 components are separated from each other because of the nature of usage and it can be authored separetely.

Either you can use both component separately to achieve your usecase or you can build a custom component with both Text and Image field and add the required properties in the inPlaceEditing of the image component node.

Please see the links below:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/components/image.ht...

asutosh_j3_0-1618485905426.png

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sumedhak7436918 

OOTB Text component is used only to author textual content and for authoring the Image content we have an OOTB Image component which already has the below features like Resize, crop etc...

These 2 components are separated from each other because of the nature of usage and it can be authored separetely.

Either you can use both component separately to achieve your usecase or you can build a custom component with both Text and Image field and add the required properties in the inPlaceEditing of the image component node.

Please see the links below:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/components/image.ht...

asutosh_j3_0-1618485905426.png

Thanks!