Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

RepoInit Usage

Level 3

we are using repoinit to initialize creating groups and maintaining permissions.

This is working fine on initial creation. but on any change in the repoinit file I'm not seeing the permissions getting updated unless i remove the  parent folder path.

where all the users and groups are created 

Just wanted to check if I'm missing something here

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@pradeep8910  can you check if you have added below path in filter.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspaceFilter version="1.0">
<filter root="/apps/project-name/osgiconfig"/>
</workspaceFilter>

Level 3

yes the configs are loaded, just that the groups/users or not getting created if users and group is already present

Level 3

{
"scripts": [
"create path /home/groups/test(rep:AuthorizableFolder)",
"create group test_users with forced path /home/groups/test",
"set properties on authorizable (test_users)/profile\n set givenName to \"Test AUthors\"\nend",
"add test_users to group contributor",
"create group TEST_USERS_1 with forced path /home/groups/test",
"set properties on authorizable (TEST_USERS_1)/profile\n set givenName to \"Test AUthors1\"\nend",
"add TEST_USERS_1 to group test_users"
]

this was the inital configuration, suppose i want to delete TEST_USERS_1 from test_users group at a later stage how do i update the configuration 

Community Advisor

Hi @pradeep8910 

Were the user suggestions helpful? Let us know if more details are needed or mark the answer as correct. If you found a solution independently, please share it with the community.

Arun Patidar

Administrator

@pradeep8910  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni