Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

replication to a standard publish over internet from cloud

Level 3

Hello,
we

need to replicate content from AEM cloud to an external publish exposed to the internet.
I was told and was reading that it is not possible anymore configure a conventional publish replication agent to replicate with https over internet.

cfr
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/aem-c...

what would be the best approach to achieve this?

Is adobe AIO with a custom pipeline a possibility?

Thanks

A.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Community Advisor

Hi @AndreaB69 

What i was thinking is to write a Workflow or any event listner and use replciation agent or Distribution queue to replicate to the external publisher. 

But for that to work we might need to have the details of the publisher and an users with proper access to the content location and also the related code should be availble in that publisher. Hope this makes some sense. 

Employee Advisor

Outside of the question how to get the content moved over to this publish instance: Why do you need to have a dedicated publish instance outside of AEM as a Cloud Service? 

And the next question is: Do you plan to run to AEM 6.5 for this publish version? Or the AEM CS SDK? In either way I don't think that this setup is supported. SDK is not even supported for production use.

Level 3

Hello,
this would be needed because it will be a migration from 'classic' 6.5,

these external publish will remain 6.5 outside cloud
(used by private customer 'showcases'  ).

Thanks

Andrea

Employee Advisor

That means that you want to publish from a AEM as a Cloud Service environment into a AEM 6.5 environment?

Leaving out technical details (replication in CS is working totally different to the one of AEM 6.5) this setup is not supported.