Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replication Agents removal in AEMaaCS

Level 3

Hi Team

I have started working on AEM on premise to AEM cloud migration project. 

When I run BPA in my AEM environment. I got some critical violations related to replication agents like below.

• Custom replication agents have been found. The replication agents used in previous versions of AEM are no longer used or provided on AEMaaCS. Each agent should be evaluated.
Path Message
/etc/replication/agents.author/publish1 A custom replication agent has been found at /etc/replication/agents.author/publish1. It should be evaluated for potential upgrade issues
/etc/replication/agents.author/publish2 A custom replication agent has been found at /etc/replication/agents.author/publish2. It should be evaluated for potential upgrade issues

I came to know from other blogs that replication agents are not supported in AEMaaCS as it uses sling content distribution.

My question is, how can I resolve this violation and get this not coming in BPA report.

I can't remove or  disable replication agents as my AEM on premise is still being used. 

Any pointers to exclude replication agent critical violation from BPA report. 

Thanks

Prashanthi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Prashardan Simply ignore these warnings since AEM Cloud service will register publishers with SCD automatically. No action needed from your side. These warning are coming because your author has 2 replication agents- one for each publish which no longer needed in Cloud Service.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 6

Hi Prashanthi,

"I can't remove or  disable replication agents as my AEM on premise is still being used. " ---

During the migration process from on prem to cloud , you have to perform code refactoring . The refactored code will be residing in another branch and  on premise code should be present in existing branch. On premise code is always deployed from the previous branch.  The replication agent related configuration which is present in old codebase should not be part of the refactored codebase to get rid of the above issues mentioned in BPA report. 

PS:- BPA report is created on on-prem instance to point out the issues which we may face during migration. We need to refactor the code and update the new codebase .  In case they are created manually and not part of codebase  then those above mentioned issues should be false as content is replicated from Author to Publish through a pub-sub mechanism via SCD in AEMaaCS.  These should not create any issues while deploying code in AEMaaCS.

Thanks,

Somen

Level 3

@somen-sarkar 

Many thanks for response. I have checked replication agents related config/code is not available in the repo. (path: /etc/replication)

Can I simply ignore this, assuming only content and code base will be migrated to AEMaaCS.

or 

do I need to delete the replication agents.?

Please reply.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Prashardan Simply ignore these warnings since AEM Cloud service will register publishers with SCD automatically. No action needed from your side. These warning are coming because your author has 2 replication agents- one for each publish which no longer needed in Cloud Service.

Level 6

As configurations are not available , you can ignore these in refactored codebase .

Community Advisor

@Prashardan  I think their is not other option to replace the replication agent with distribution queue in AEMaaCS. 

You can still keep the replication agent until we have the new distribution code migrated to AEMaaCS. First try understanding the distribution queue concept in AEMaaCS, you will get an idea on why replication agent is not needed. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/operations/replicat...