Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Replication agent alert that it will be handled by custom servlet

Level 2

Hi All,

does any one  facing the same issue  and i also don't know how to reproduce and where i can check the logs as well for the particular.

adobe shared this logs   and i checked the custom servlet and found that it is not pointing to OOTB page 

Request 2 (GET /etc/replication/agents.publish.json) by admin - RequestProgressTracker Info
      0 TIMER_START{Request Processing}
      0 COMMENT timer_end format is {<elapsed microseconds>,<timer name>} <optional message>
      3 LOG Method=GET, PathInfo=null
      4 TIMER_START{handleSecurity}
   1565 TIMER_END{1560,handleSecurity} authenticator org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator@6b03775b returns true
   1757 TIMER_START{ResourceResolution}
   1838 TIMER_END{81,ResourceResolution} URI=/etc/replication/agents.publish.json resolves to Resource=JcrNodeResource, type=cq:Page, superType=null, path=/etc/replication/agents.publish
   1842 LOG Resource Path Info: SlingRequestPathInfo: path='/etc/replication/agents.publish', selectorString='null', extension='json', suffix='null'
   1842 TIMER_START{ServletResolution}
   1844 TIMER_START{resolveServlet(/etc/replication/agents.publish)}
   1852 TIMER_END{7,resolveServlet(/etc/replication/agents.publish)} Using servlet Custom Servlet
   1853 TIMER_END{10,ServletResolution} URI=/etc/replication/agents.publish.json handled by Servlet=Custom Provider Servlet

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

binding more servlets to the same combination of resourcetype, selector and extension can indeed create havoc, especially if no service ranking is provided (which is rarely done in my experience). In that case startup order does matter (IIRC the specification mandates a fallback to use the service pid to provide a reliable order; and this service pid is created during the runtime on startup of the services).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @test566 

It might be possible that your project has some custom solution in the codebase.

check for any servlet if registered using path or resource type:

URI=/etc/replication/agents.publish.json

I hope this is not coming in AEM vanilla instance(without custom code) so you need to debug further to find the servlet which has override default.

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Level 2

Hi @ArpitVarshney ,

I already checked there is no servlet which registered path

/etc/replication/agents.publish.json

Community Advisor

Few queries:

When is this coming ?

And where are you getting these logs on custom code or wknd code 

Level 2

Hi @Ankur_Khare .

I am getting logs on custom code but adobe team given me these logs for investigation.

on my local not able to preproduce.

Employee Advisor

What are the annotations on the custom servlet which is listed in this log dump? Does it bind to the resourcetype "cq/Page" with the extension "json"?

Level 1

Hi @Jörg_Hoh 
Similar problem is seen, there are few servlets binding to resource type cq/Page and it looks that did not cause a problem before. Any possibility this could be due to any reason like sequence of bundle activation or any other reason.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

binding more servlets to the same combination of resourcetype, selector and extension can indeed create havoc, especially if no service ranking is provided (which is rarely done in my experience). In that case startup order does matter (IIRC the specification mandates a fallback to use the service pid to provide a reliable order; and this service pid is created during the runtime on startup of the services).