Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Renditions are not getting created on image upload

Level 4

Hi,

Renditions are not getting created on image upload. But when i restart sling event bundle it works fine.

This has happened multiple times. I tried to analyze the Root Cause ad found below error in log

28.05.2018 09:31:57.563 *INFO* [sling-oak-observation-8023] org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.Granite Workflow Queue Starting job queue Granite Workflow Queue

28.05.2018 09:31:57.579 *INFO* [sling-oak-observation-8023] org.apache.sling.event Service [QueueMBean for queue Granite Workflow Queue,8244, [org.apache.sling.event.jobs.jmx.StatisticsMBean]] ServiceEvent REGISTERED

28.05.2018 09:31:57.657 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-05-26/update_asset_5:/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.core.process.MetadataProcessorProcess execute: cannot extract metadata, no handler found for asset [/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg] with mime type [image/jpeg]

28.05.2018 09:31:57.657 *INFO* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-05-26/update_asset_5:/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.video.FFMpegThumbnailProcess execute: asset [/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg] is not of a video mime type, asset ignored.

28.05.2018 09:31:57.657 *INFO* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-05-26/update_asset_5:/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.core.process.CommandLineProcess execute: mime type [image/jpeg] of asset [/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg] is not in list of accepted mime types [[image/eps, image/x-eps, application/postscript, application/eps, application/x-eps]], ignoring.

28.05.2018 09:31:57.657 *INFO* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-05-26/update_asset_5:/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.video.FFMpegTranscodeProcess execute: asset [/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg] is not of a video mime type, asset ignored.

28.05.2018 09:31:57.672 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2018-05-26/update_asset_5:/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.gfx.CommonsGfxRenderer Could not render: wid=375&hei=281&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha&rszfast=1&layer=comp&layer=0&src=/content/dam/myProject/en/2018/week-22/news-quiz/w22_May_news_quiz_thumbnail.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/original

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.gfx.CommonsGfxRenderer.createImageLayer(CommonsGfxRenderer.java:487)

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.gfx.CommonsGfxRenderer.createLayer(CommonsGfxRenderer.java:166)

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.gfx.CommonsGfxRenderer.render(CommonsGfxRenderer.java:117)

at com.adobe.cq.gfx.impl.GfxImpl.render(GfxImpl.java:94)

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.RenditionMakerImpl$PlanBasedTemplate.apply(RenditionMakerImpl.java:131)

at com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.RenditionMakerImpl.generateRenditions(RenditionMakerImpl.java:210)

at com.day.cq.dam.core.process.CreateThumbnailProcess.createThumbnails(CreateThumbnailProcess.java:120)

at com.day.cq.dam.core.process.ThumbnailProcess.execute(ThumbnailProcess.java:94)

at com.day.cq.workflow.compatibility.CQWorkflowProcessRunner.execute(CQWorkflowProcessRunner.java:93)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:189)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:258)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:500)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:291)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:58)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:227)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

this error is repeating multiple times.  Did anyone face this similar issue.?

I havent modified dam update asset workflow.

regards,

Manish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you need to restart the bundle for this to work - its a bug. It should work with the Bundle in active state. Team said to file a bug - this is something that the community cannot help with - you need to talk to support for a possible patch.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 4

Recently migrated from 6.1 to 6.3 sp1

Level 10

This appears to be an upgrade issue. I will see if this is a known issue.

Level 10

Is this happening for all the assets or only specific types of assets?

Can you try this on new 6.3 instance with sp1 and check if you are facing the same issue ?

Level 4

Hi bsloki,

i am not getting this error all the time. At times when an author upload an asset we get this error.

when i restart sling event bundle it works fine instantly.

i got this error 2-3 times now and than i started looking into this.

mostly my author use jpg files.

Correct answer by
Level 10

If you need to restart the bundle for this to work - its a bug. It should work with the Bundle in active state. Team said to file a bug - this is something that the community cannot help with - you need to talk to support for a possible patch.