Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rendering HTML forms in the workbench

Level 1

We are struggling with rendering the HTML forms as part of the workflow. Currently, we are using pdf forms in the workflow which works fine but now the requirement is to convert them into HTML. We are able to manage them using the Action Profile option within the workbench but the form submitted as the HTML is not getting opened in the browser. It renders the forms as text. I tried this link as well - https://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/help/html-workspace/new-render-submit-service.html I would appreciate it if you help me out with that. Please let me know if you need more details.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

To render HTML forms in the browser as part of the workflow, follow these steps:

1. Design the HTML form using a form design tool.
  2. Configure the form submission in the workflow to submit the form data to a URL.
  3. Ensure the URL can handle the form data and display it as HTML.
  4. Test the workflow by submitting the form and verifying the rendered HTML output.

If the HTML form is rendering as plain text, check the server-side processing of the form data and ensure the browser can handle HTML forms properly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

To render HTML forms in the browser as part of the workflow, follow these steps:

1. Design the HTML form using a form design tool.
  2. Configure the form submission in the workflow to submit the form data to a URL.
  3. Ensure the URL can handle the form data and display it as HTML.
  4. Test the workflow by submitting the form and verifying the rendered HTML output.

If the HTML form is rendering as plain text, check the server-side processing of the form data and ensure the browser can handle HTML forms properly.