Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Removing decoration wrapper div in 6.3

Level 5

I tried options given in the following forum post to conditionally remove (i.e. only on publish) the decoration tag that AEM puts around any component but none of them worked:

Removing extra decoration tags in CQ5.6

Is there a new way of doing this in 6.3 and above?

Thanks.

5 Replies

Level 10

I see no AEM Doc topic that explains this - Decoration Tag

WHy do you want to do this?

Level 5

Many a times the HTML and associated styles may be developed by a different team and won't contain the extra divs AEM adds - and that messes up the HTML designs when you finally use them within AEM. That's why it would have been good if there's a way to turn off the decoration tags without affecting the edit-ability of the components.

Level 8

Hi,

Not sure if adding the below property helps.

cq:noDecoration="{Boolean}true"

Level 10

Decoration Tag​ mentioned by Scott should work fine if that is supposed to work on publish server only.

Administrator

AEM offers clear and simple logic controlling the decoration tags that wrap included components. Whether and how the decoration tag is rendered is defined by the combination of two factors, which this page will dive into:

• The component themselves can configure their decoration tag with a set of properties.
  • The scripts that include components (HTL, JSP, dispatcher, etc) can define the aspects of the decoration tag with include parameters.

See Decoration Tag

Kautuk Sahni