I want to save a new tag in a specific namespace from a tag picker.
I set a tagpicker, with allowCreate=true, mapped on a namespace (tagsPath property):
- When I open the tagbrowser, I can see the tag of the selected namespace
- But when I write a new tag in the tagpicker, it is created in the "Standard tag" namespace.
Is there a configuration or something to map the creation from the tagpicker directly in a specified namespace?
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your information smacdonald2008 but I could not find the information in the doc topic.
It does not explain the tag creation from the tagpicker component, only from the tagging tool.
You can see the Adobe HELPX article on your use case: Adobe Experience Manager Help | Developing HTML Template Language Components that search for Adobe E... https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/tagmanager-api-htl.html
The above article shows you that how to use Tag Manager API to search for the tags.
Also, the tagspicker resourceType doesn't let you create tags, its just let you pick them as shown in the above article. Please note that, you cannot create tags using tagpicker.
Hope this helps!!
Hello Ratna Kumar,
You can create tag from the tagpicker with the property "allowCreate".
When I use a tagpicker with this property, it saves my tag on the node but :
- if I write a tag, it saves it inside the namespace default (=Standard tag)
- if I reproduce the tag with namespace behaviour (ex: brand:mytag), it saves it only on the node and not inside my namespace (brand)
I would like that when I create a tag from tagpicker, it save it inside my specific namespace.
1. The tagspicker(/libs/cq/gui/components/common/tagspicker) is depricated from 6.3, so we need to use the tagfield(cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield) instead.
This is the warning you get while looking into the tagspicker : Since 6.3. Please use /libs/cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield RT.
2. By default it creates a tag in standard tags and that too using the API :
So we need to override the "cq/gui/components/coral/common/form/tagfield" and make below changes.
3. Edit the render.jsp and add /etc/designs/<namespaceYouNeed> on line : 106.
This will enable the suggestions to be coming from the targeted namespace only.
Put the identifier class in the line no : 128 to capture this field specific event in tagfield.js
4. Edit the "/apps/<yourProject>/common/structure/tagfield/clientlibs/tagfield/tagfield.js" and use registry.register("foundation.validation.validator" -> selector -> (use the above Line 128 identifier from render.jsp) -> validate -> to capture the event of the user defined tag application.
After creation of tag make necessary changes in render.jsp as per the requirement on line :169 to make sure you repaint the previously tagged tags when we reopen the properties after application of this new namespaced tag.