Expand my Community achievements bar.

Remove Ability for Creators to Delegate Workflow

Level 2

There are a few spots in AEM 6.5.18 where users can delegate a workflow to other users. With our custom path based participant chooser configuration, the delegate piece doesn't work and we want to disable that feature. I am able to disable for users that can approve from the inbox (only complete, step back, open, and payload are available). In page editor, I am able to locate the statusbar information but I cannot seem to find the individual options "complete, step back, delegate, etc...). Some of the paths look like they may be deprecated but I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @dpeters1 

I guess you are trying to remove "Change Assignee" in Workflows filter in Timeline of Sites UI.

If yes, you need to overlay /libs/cq/gui/components/coral/common/admin/timeline/alerts/workflow/provider.jsp

Remove following piece of code:

if (delegates.hasNext()) {
                    // no delegates available: skip change assignee button
                    %><button is="coral-button" class="cq-common-admin-timeline-alerts-workflow-actions-button" data-rel="cq-common-admin-timeline-alerts-workflow-action-delegate">
                        <%= i18n.get("Change Assignee ABC") %>
                    </button><%
                }

However, this would also take away the "Change Assignee" option from Admins as well.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 2

@aanchal-sikka This has taken care of one of the spots. I am also trying to restrict Delegate from editor.html. When I navigate to /libs/wcm/core/content/editor/jcr:content/content/items/content/header/items/statusbar, statusbar doesn't have any options in the menu, which I was expected to find Complete, Step Back, Delegate, View Details.