Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Register two EventListeners in single event listener class

Level 4

I have a scenario where we need to listeners to be registered in the same eventListener class. The listeners we are registering for two events as :

1. Asset upload’s listener in DAM

2. Page property changed listener for a page

adminSession.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(this,Event.NODE_ADDED | Event.NODE_MOVED, "/content/dam",true, null, {dam:Asset}, false);

adminSession.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(this,Event.PROPERTY_ADDED | Event.PROPERTY_CHANGED,<some page path>, true, null,{nt:unstructured}, false);

Now the issue I am facing is that only one listener is being triggered which in my case is the latter one. So what ever listener I specify last will get registered and only that will fire on that event.

Please share any inputs which can make this scenario work and where I can register two event listeners in the same event listener class.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I've never tried to register 2 listeners in the very same service, but I don't see any reason, why it shouldn't work; what I suggest first is to ask on the jackrabbit-user list [1], if there's any limitation in that area.As workaround I would try to register instances of 2 different inner classes instead of "this".

HTH,
Jörg

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I've never tried to register 2 listeners in the very same service, but I don't see any reason, why it shouldn't work; what I suggest first is to ask on the jackrabbit-user list [1], if there's any limitation in that area.As workaround I would try to register instances of 2 different inner classes instead of "this".

HTH,
Jörg

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

Level 4

Hi Jorg,

Thanks. I will ask at user list of jackrabbit. About the workaround, I didn't quite understand what you were trying to suggest, sorry for this. What I did is, I tried using the instance of my listener class instead of "this", like : 

adminSession.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(new XYZListener(),Event.NODE_ADDED | Event.NODE_MOVED"/content/dam",truenull, {dam:Asset}, false);

adminSession.getWorkspace().getObservationManager().addEventListener(new XYZListener(),Event.PROPERTY_ADDED | Event.PROPERTY_CHANGED,<some page path>,truenull,{nt:unstructured}, false)

Now here both the listeners fire which is good but the issue here is only one listener out of these works well, the other listener doesn't get the @Reference Objects and throws null pointer where we use objects initialized by @Reference like resourceResolver, queryhelper etc. Can you tell me why its showing this behaviour and how can I handle this, if any way is there. 

Thanks & Regards.

Sameer