Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Regarding publish instance

Level 2

I am trying to start publish instance on my system. I have renamed the jar file as cq5-publish-4503.jar and now when I am trying to start by clicking on this jar file, quickstart is getting started on port 8080. I don't know what is the reason behind it. I had also checked that port 4503 is free. Can someone pls help me to resolve this issue. I am working on AEM 5.6.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi !

To set up a publish instance on port 4503 of the desired host, you perform the same steps as in installing an author instance except that you create a directory named publish (instead of author) and you rename the quickstart.jar file ascq5-publish-p4503.jar. You can select any port number.

So basically you need to add a "p" aswell to your filename in the publish folder :)

Good luck

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi !

To set up a publish instance on port 4503 of the desired host, you perform the same steps as in installing an author instance except that you create a directory named publish (instead of author) and you rename the quickstart.jar file ascq5-publish-p4503.jar. You can select any port number.

So basically you need to add a "p" aswell to your filename in the publish folder :)

Good luck