Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Regarding FILTER issue on AEM PROD.

Level 4

The thing is we are having a FILTER 2023 sort option on one of our website page. So, it is used to list all the 2023 created pages. 

So, before adding this 2023 filter option on PROD we had tested it on our local system, AEM-STAGE, AEM-DEV. And after confirmation we added the filter option on PROD.

After that we added around 20 new pages on PROD and published those pages.

The issue is: When we select the 2023 filter option, it is sorting out only 5 pages of 20 pages.

Actually the outcome should be like entire 20pages should be sorted out.

So, please help me out regarding this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shreyas_tm 

If queries haven't been used, we would need to know the logic thats filtering the content.

Else its difficult to suggest anything beyond cache clear 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Check if it's a caching issue. Filter response is getting cached on dispatcher and that is why you are not able to see new pages in result.

Level 4

Yes, I have asked to clear the cache once. If any further questions we will connect back.

Also, please specify if any further suggestions regarding this.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hello @Shreyas_tm 

Requesting you to please check the query thats executing at the backend.

All parameters using by the query should be covered in the relevant index.

Also, if multiple parameters/criterions are involved, reduce them to find out the one thats causing the problem

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Actually we are using Java for backend. Along with that we are using JS, HTML.

The thing is previously we had many filter options like 2022,2021 and also for previous years. And its working fine for those years. But the thing is we are missing out of 2023 filter.

So, The issue is: When we select the 2023 filter option, it is sorting out only 5 pages of 20 pages.

Actually the outcome should be like entire 20 pages should be sorted out.

So, please specify if any further suggestions regarding this.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

@Shreyas_tm 

The java code might be using the queries to generate results.

- Queries may not return results if, index is not configured properly for the index. As content grows, index also grows. Until its optimized properly, one might notice unexpected results.

- Please check if p.guessTotal is used in query. If yes, please try to execute the same query without this parameter.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

The thing is in our java code we haven't used the queries. And there is nothing specified about the indexes also. And also we have not used any p.guessTotal parameter.

Please let me know in case I need to provide any further information regarding the issues.

Thanks! for the updates.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shreyas_tm 

If queries haven't been used, we would need to know the logic thats filtering the content.

Else its difficult to suggest anything beyond cache clear 

Aanchal Sikka