Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Refresh page after editing component

Level 6

I have a component with various fields in it along with image field. I want to refresh the page only when the image field is update. Right now I'm using edit:config to refresh page "afteredit". How can I refresh the page only when the image field is edited?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sheikh 

cq:editConfig configuration are component specific not field specific.

cq:listeners (node type cq:EditListenersConfig) : defines what happens before or after an action occurs on the component.

Documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/components-basics.html#Edit...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sheikh 

cq:editConfig configuration are component specific not field specific.

cq:listeners (node type cq:EditListenersConfig) : defines what happens before or after an action occurs on the component.

Documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/components-basics.html#Edit...

Community Advisor

Hi @Shaheena_Sheikh , 

If you need to refresh the page on specific field edit and not for the change in other field , option would be custom listner.. 

On change of field , set a flag. If flag is true, refresh a page with 

window.location.reload()

Community Advisor
@Vaibhavi_J I doubt , if the page reloads before the Dialog is submitted, the changes will not be saved right ?

Community Advisor

Hi @VeenaVikraman ,

Custom code should be on  click of submit action

Community Advisor

@Vaibhavi_J 

There is chance of race condition because form submit is async POST call and submit is a call back function. @VeenaVikraman point/case might be possible.

And most importantly cq:editConfig's cq:listener events will never reload the actual edit page, but the iframe(content iframe in edit mode) will be refreshed and edit overlay will be reinitialized/reset.

@Shaheena_Sheikh If you are want actually reload the actual page then you can try @Vaibhavi_J approach, but

1. Page will be reloaded like you refresh the page.
  2. You should not use dialog submit click event, but should use dialog-success. Which will be executed if dialog POST action is successful.
  3. Instead of setting flag attach event only if field is updated.