Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Refresh page after editing component

Level 6

I have a component with various fields in it along with image field. I want to refresh the page only when the image field is update. Right now I'm using edit:config to refresh page "afteredit". How can I refresh the page only when the image field is edited?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sheikh 

cq:editConfig configuration are component specific not field specific.

cq:listeners (node type cq:EditListenersConfig) : defines what happens before or after an action occurs on the component.

Documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/components-basics.html#Edit...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Shaheena_Sheikh 

cq:editConfig configuration are component specific not field specific.

cq:listeners (node type cq:EditListenersConfig) : defines what happens before or after an action occurs on the component.

Documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/components-basics.html#Edit...

Community Advisor

Hi @Shaheena_Sheikh , 

If you need to refresh the page on specific field edit and not for the change in other field , option would be custom listner.. 

On change of field , set a flag. If flag is true, refresh a page with 

window.location.reload()

Community Advisor
@Vaibhavi_J I doubt , if the page reloads before the Dialog is submitted, the changes will not be saved right ?

Community Advisor

Hi @VeenaVikraman ,

Custom code should be on  click of submit action

Community Advisor

@Vaibhavi_J 

There is chance of race condition because form submit is async POST call and submit is a call back function. @VeenaVikraman point/case might be possible.

And most importantly cq:editConfig's cq:listener events will never reload the actual edit page, but the iframe(content iframe in edit mode) will be refreshed and edit overlay will be reinitialized/reset.

@Shaheena_Sheikh If you are want actually reload the actual page then you can try @Vaibhavi_J approach, but

1. Page will be reloaded like you refresh the page.
  2. You should not use dialog submit click event, but should use dialog-success. Which will be executed if dialog POST action is successful.
  3. Instead of setting flag attach event only if field is updated.