Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Reference Update Doesn't happen while Creation of Site From BluePrint

Level 2

Hi ,

I AEM 6.1 (SP1 Installed)  Reference Update Doesn't Happens While Creation of Live Site From Blueprint template. But References are getting updated while creating live copies from source.

Note:(In OSGI configuration Reference Update is Enabled)

After going the Docs I found The below Info that inter Chapter links references will not be updated while creation of site from BluePrint. 

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/sites/msm/msm-livecopy.html#par_title_16 25440185

When the blueprint source contains links and references that target a paragraph in a different chapter, the targets are not updated in the live copy pages. For example, a live copy is created from the Geometrixx Demo Site blueprint. Links in the Toolbar chapter that target the Services chapter are not updated in the live copy, and continue to target the original pages in the Geometrixx Demo Site.

I followed the below Steps For Creation of SIte.

So According to Docs Home and newspages are considered as Chapters (analogy to toolbars and services).

My Home Page has a Link Component which Points to News Pages. But while Creation of Region Site The References in Home Page is not getting Updated.

I am Just curious to know why its a Intended Behavior as per note given in Documentation

Is there Any workaround for this In Creation of Site I can update References.?

I see only one workaround to create a Live from Source Instead of Site But That doesn't give me the flexibility manage languages as all languages will be created and I have manually delete the language.when we are dealing with huge content these makes life miserable.

I AEM 6.0 Doc I see interchapterlink option is given for touchui but its not there in 6.1 Doc

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Jain

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

This should solve your problem,

PFA

Thanks

Tuhin

Level 2

Hi ,

I already Mentioned the Synchronization Action ReferenceUpdate is Enabled.And It works But Its does not work when its InterChapter in the above scenarios while creating a site from blueprint.

Its works on content modification/rollout.