Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Redirect external URL to AEM www URL

Level 2

Dear All,

I have an requirement like below.

I have 5 websites in my AEM and all the 5 websites domain is pointed to Amazon Web Server ELB like below.

www.sunita.com  ---->   AWS eLB

www.sunita1.com  ---->   AWS eLB

www.sunita2.com  ---->   AWS eLB

www.sunita3.com  ---->   AWS eLB

www.sunita4.com  ---->   AWS eLB

Now I have below 5 external URLs and my requirement is that when somebody will hit that external URL it will redirect to AEM URL , like below.

sunita.com  ---------->   www.sunita.com

domain of sunita.com is some ip address.

Could you please help me how can i redirect external website to AEM website. ???

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Some of the options to achieve this.

1. Redirect the user from network level to www  - Check with your network team on the approach

3. Build a local Apache server to handle the redirect for those(separate vhost for every domains) non www domains(the initial request should be reaching to Apache and redirect the request to www)

Regards

Albin I

https://www.albinsblog.com

Level 2

Dear albi,

Can you please tell me more details on below. May be you can share any documents , if you have anything

3. Build a local Apache server to handle the redirect for those(separate vhost for every domains) non www domains(the initial request should be reaching to Apache and redirect the request to www)

Level 8

Do you have access to domain management ? If yes, then map the 5 different domains to one IP thats your AEM web server instance

Level 2

Dear Hemant,

I do not have access to domain management.