Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Redirect Author Access Denied

Level 4

We have a client that wants to send users to a different page other than the standard AEM "Access Denied" page when users somehow try to navigate to the Author form of an AEM page by changing the URL. Is there a way to trap this and redirect the user to a different URL?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Typically if someone doesn't have access to something they get a 404.  If that is what you mean, then you can incorporate a custom 404 page on the author instance only that gives a friendly message rather than the default error page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Typically if someone doesn't have access to something they get a 404.  If that is what you mean, then you can incorporate a custom 404 page on the author instance only that gives a friendly message rather than the default error page.

Level 4

I'm not quite sure if that addresses what I'm looking for.

What I am talking about is when someone who is not authorized to edit AEM pages, setting, or assets somehow access a URL that takes them to a page used for editing and is directed to an internal "Access Denied" page.