Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Recompile JSPs not available in AEM 6.5

Level 3

Some UI issues need a recompilation of the JSPs in order to be resolved (/system/console/slingjsp). However, in AEM 6.5 (tested on an OOTB installation with no additional packages installed) the console with which this is usually done is no longer available. It is not present in the menu, nor is the URL accessible directly.

AEM 6.3:

1784121_pastedImage_0.png

AEM 6.5:

1784122_pastedImage_1.png

Messages Image(2907432591).png

Is there an other way to recompile the JSPs?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That option was removed in 6.5. Now, Classes and Slightly cache is stored in the Apache Sling Commons FileSystem ClassLoader. Check point 2 at [1] on how to clear classes and sightly cache

[1] How to force a recompilation of all Sling scripts jsps, java, and sightly in AEM 6.4

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

That option was removed in 6.5. Now, Classes and Slightly cache is stored in the Apache Sling Commons FileSystem ClassLoader. Check point 2 at [1] on how to clear classes and sightly cache

[1] How to force a recompilation of all Sling scripts jsps, java, and sightly in AEM 6.4

Level 4

I found this issue with AEM 6.5.3.

Having a custom component under Apps. Change the widget.jsp and the change in the jsp is NOT captured in the refresh page when added a simple static div

<div>testing</div>

Edit the adaptive form and it is captured, but "localhost:4502/content/forms/.../.../...html?wcmmode=disabled" is not reflecting the change.

On author (Windows based instance)

1. /libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html ==> Not working (both options)

2. for file system, find bundle.../data/classes and delete "classes" folder ==> Not working

3. for file system, find bundle.../data/outputcache and delete "outputcache" folder ==> Not working

4. Clear browser cache ==> Not working

Any combination of the above ==> Not working

Only thing that made it work ==> Restart Author.

Level 1
Hi Eric_Stricker, I too came across the same problem. Have you found any solution for it

Level 4
No, I have not found a solution for this. Not sure how we did resolve this issue as it was too long ago.

Level 3

In AEM 6.5, we have to navigate to /system/console/fsclassloader and click on "Clear Class Loader" button.

Administrator

See: https://techrevel.blog/2020/05/06/how-to-recompile-jsp-in-aem/

Verified on AEM 6.5

• Navigate to http://<host&gt;:<port>/system/console/fsclassloader
  • Click on “Clear Class Loader” button

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

You may also need to restart 
"org.apache.sling.commons.fsclassloader​" from felix bundle console.