Expand my Community achievements bar.

Received an email [Improving Cache Strategy for Your AEM as a Cloud Service Solution] use Cloud Services

Level 3

We have received an email with the subject "[Improving Cache Strategy for Your AEM as a Cloud Service Solution]."

However, I haven't made any changes to the cache rules in dispatcher\src\conf.dispatcher.d\cache\rules.any, and I have observed that images in the current Publish external environment indeed have "Cache-Control: private."

Where should I begin to address this performance issue and where can I look to identify the source of the problem?

Here's the email content:

Background:

While reviewing the logs from your Production environment, we noticed that some of the calls requesting assets are currently configured to use "private" in the Cache Control, which prevents these specific requests from being cached.

Recommendation:

We recommend adjusting the response_cache_control for the resources you want to cache by removing the "private" directive.

Including this value in the Cache Control header prevents the specified resource from being cached.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@reno1 this will be in your Vhost file.. 

Level 3

I apologize for my mistake. I have also checked the contents of the vhost, and there are no relevant settings. It is consistent with the default.vhost.

Community Advisor

Keep in mind that the "cache-control" and any header can be appended into different layers of the system. The most obvious is the dispatcher, but also this could be appended in your CDN if you have any custom one, or even you can append this through Java, so please make sure you review all the possible entries.

Esteban Bustamante

Level 3

Hi @EstebanBustamante 

What would be the specific content of the logs mentioned in the email's background?

I would like to find the point at which this issue occurred in the log files,

but Adobe has not provided me with specific content to search for. Could you provide me with an example?

Community Advisor

@reno1, are you saying that you didn't find the issue after Adobe reported it? I think that must be the first step – being able to identify the issue. Otherwise, you won't be able to determine whether the issue is truly fixed. I would start by examining the dispatcher 'logs' as mentioned in the email. If you don't find anything there, perhaps consider requesting more details from Adobe.

Esteban Bustamante

Administrator

@EstebanBustamante Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

@kautuk_sahni i think the question is for @reno1 , please mark the correct question for posterity.

Esteban Bustamante