Expand my Community achievements bar.

Read dam url in json format in sling servlet

Level 2

Hi Team,

There is requirement to read the dam url in json format inside servlet or servlce. By using Httpclient GET  getting 401 unauthorized error. Is there any way to access the same url in java ?

Thanks

8 Replies

Level 1

you need to pass login token as header in Httpclient of get request so that your request is authenticated before content is served.

Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

For login token we need to pass credentials and we can't do it for the all the environments separately. Is there any other way to generate the token ?

Community Advisor

You may try with subservience session.

Inside your servlet or service get jcr or sling session using subservice and read dam file path.

Example:

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Querying Adobe Experience Manager 6 data using the Sling getServiceR...

Note : In Author Instance you must have to login/or access with authorised account(as mentioned in above replies) to access above.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

could u please elaborate your use case in details that in which environment your servlet is running and from where you want to read dam files and whether dam files are secured files or not and if yes then what the authentication mechanism supported.

Level 10

Do you mean you want to get URL of Assets in the DAM and encode to JSON?

Level 2

Need to get the response of url e.g. localhost:4502/content/dam/a/b.json and read the json.

I know using httpclient.get we need to pass the login token, my question was if there is any other way to achieve this in java. 

Thanks,

Community Advisor

In Author, no you can't but on publish instance you can do it without access token but you have to do it with Java to return dam path either by using queries or Asset HTTP API.

Assets HTTP API

Arun Patidar