Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RE: Metadata Profile

Level 2

Hi ,

I am new to AEM. Here is my issue please help us to find the solution

we are trying to create metadata profiles and apply to the folders. As per the documentation we created the Metadata profiles successfully . When we trying to apply the created profiles to the folder by selecting the folder and then click the folder settings , we couldn't get any screen or option to select the Metadata Profile.

Please check the following screen shot.Please let us know what mistake we are doing here.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi, Venkat

Here is the link to check how you can apply Metadata Profiles to folders.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/content/assets/processing-profiles/metadata-profil...

1. Tap or click the AEM logo and navigate to Tools > Assets > Metadata Profiles.

2. Select the metadata profile that you want to apply to a folder or multiple folders.

file

3. Tap/click Apply Processing Profile to Folder(s) and select the folder or multiple folders you want use to receive the newly uploaded assets and tap/click Done. Folders that have a processing profile already assigned to it are indicated by the display of the profile's name directly below the folder name.

Hope this helps! 

~Vamsi

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi, Venkat

Here is the link to check how you can apply Metadata Profiles to folders.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/content/assets/processing-profiles/metadata-profil...

1. Tap or click the AEM logo and navigate to Tools > Assets > Metadata Profiles.

2. Select the metadata profile that you want to apply to a folder or multiple folders.

file

3. Tap/click Apply Processing Profile to Folder(s) and select the folder or multiple folders you want use to receive the newly uploaded assets and tap/click Done. Folders that have a processing profile already assigned to it are indicated by the display of the profile's name directly below the folder name.

Hope this helps! 

~Vamsi

Level 2

Hi Vamsi,

Thanks for your information. I have tried in the same way also. But i couldn't see the options. Do i need to do anything to get Apply Metadata Profiles , Or Delete Metadata Profiles.

Please check the following screen shot

Level 4

Hi, Venkat 

You are just missing one thing here. You need to select "Overview" tab on left navigation inside Processing Profiles to apply profile to folders. 

Please check here..

Thanks,

~Vamsi

Level 4

Hi, Venkat

Did it work out for you?

~Vamsi

Level 2

Hi Vamsi,

It works for me . Thanks for the help.

-Venkat