Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Randomly redirecting to a login URL

Level 3

Hi all,

I am facing a random issue in my project.

I have pages in my project which is properly authored and published. It works fine on local instances (author and publish both). On production server when user hit a page, sometimes it redirects the user to a login page. As there is no login functionality implemented in the project, it gives 404 response.

Suppose User hit the page for 100 times, then there might be a case when user gets 404 response. Otherwise it is working fine 99 times.

I don't know what causing this issue. Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Rajeev Kumar

This is little bit off the beat, but please try this, once i encountered similar problem and following thing solved it.

But in you case its behaving random which is strange.

Link:- http://cq-ops.tumblr.com/post/32809639070/manually-creating-users-in-cq

No resource found
Cannot serve request to / in /libs/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.jsp

To avoid this, you need to provide READ privileges to the new user to the root (/) of the JCR repository.  Remember to click ’Save’ (top left).  See screenshot below:

Also, see this blog entry on the same subject.  I agree - this is really BAD and needs to get fixed!

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Rajeev Kumar

This is little bit off the beat, but please try this, once i encountered similar problem and following thing solved it.

But in you case its behaving random which is strange.

Link:- http://cq-ops.tumblr.com/post/32809639070/manually-creating-users-in-cq

No resource found
Cannot serve request to / in /libs/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.jsp

To avoid this, you need to provide READ privileges to the new user to the root (/) of the JCR repository.  Remember to click ’Save’ (top left).  See screenshot below:

Also, see this blog entry on the same subject.  I agree - this is really BAD and needs to get fixed!

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

Hi Rajeev Kumar

Please Share the Error logs when 404 response is coming.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Hi Kautuk,

There is no error produced. There is  no login page implemented in the project. So resource is not found. That's why it is giving the 404 response.

Level 3

Thanks Kautuk for the instant reply.

I'll surely try it.

Thanks again for help. :)