Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

"page has no template assigned" error

Level 2

Hi -

I've created a new editable page template and a page to use it. However, when I go to my publish instance to render the page I am always getting this error :

12.02.2019 15:00:51.035 *ERROR* [10.223.43.6 [1550012451027] GET /publish/content/xxxx/en/test-2/flex-homepage-test.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: page has no template assigned

at com.day.cq.wcm.foundation.TemplatedContainer.<init>(TemplatedContainer.java:66)

at com.day.cq.wcm.foundation.impl.templated.TemplatedContainerAdapterFactory.getAdapter(TemplatedContainerAdapterFactory.java:77)

but only when I am not authenticated on the publish instance. When I am authenticated on the publish instance I am able to see my page render.

All of my other pages are using static templates and are visible on the publish instance without being authenticated on the publish instance. What am I missing/doing wrong on this editable template and page to cause it to give me this error?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Since you are using both static/dynamic templates together, my thought is that some configuration is missing in this setup.

check the following:

• 'cq:conf' property is defined on root page with proper value like  /conf/<root> to link editable template structure
  • 'cq:allowedTemplates' is defined on root page with proper value like /conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/.*
  • your editable template has proper conventions to pick up clientlibs/designs as it should be in editable template vs static template
  • refer to /content/we-retail editable templates and compare it against your template, content page, conf folder configurations and try to find more clues

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Since you are using both static/dynamic templates together, my thought is that some configuration is missing in this setup.

check the following:

• 'cq:conf' property is defined on root page with proper value like  /conf/<root> to link editable template structure
  • 'cq:allowedTemplates' is defined on root page with proper value like /conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/.*
  • your editable template has proper conventions to pick up clientlibs/designs as it should be in editable template vs static template
  • refer to /content/we-retail editable templates and compare it against your template, content page, conf folder configurations and try to find more clues

Level 2

Thank you.

was missing from my root page. Once added I could see the page now.

Employee

This issue can also occur if you don't have right permission under /conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/rep:policy. If, for some reason, e.g. putting package from other instance without right AC handling or deletion of rep:policy in repository etc., the rep:policy node is removed or permission to everyone group (used by Anonymous user) is revoked you would see same issue replicated. 

Level 2

Hi Maha,

I have the similar issue. How do I fix it or how can I replicate the rep:policy on my publisher.