Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

"page has no template assigned" error on publish instance

Level 2

I'm using editable templates with the header and footer as experience fragments. On author this works as expected, but on publish the header and footer are missing. In the publish log, I see this:

19.05.2022 17:01:30.302 *INFO* [127.0.0.1 [1652994090260] GET /home HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.foundation.TemplatedContainer page has no template assigned
19.05.2022 17:01:30.302 *WARN* [127.0.0.1 [1652994090260] GET /home HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.foundation.TemplatedContainer template has no structure support

I believe the template permissions are set up so that 'everyone' has read privileges, but I must be missing something.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

SOLVED:

My template at "/conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/page-basic/initial" was missing the fragmentVariationPath property on the experience fragments. I'm not sure why it still worked on the author instance, though.

Thanks for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

As you have implemented header and footer using experience fragments, could you please give a try to access header and footer specific experience fragments directly from publish instance and check the response.

Level 2

Going directly to the header/footer experience fragment works.

Community Advisor

Hi @wizard04wsu 

Could you please check whether your editable template with policy has got replicated to publisher properly. 

I had faced same kind of issue when my latest editable template policy didnt get replicated properly to publisher.

Regards,

Rajashankar.R

Level 2

How do I check that? CRX only shows /content on the publish instance.

Community Advisor

Check these.

1. Replicate your content tree and as well as the conf from the distribution.

2. If issue still exists, please install your content package which has the conf filter.

3. if you already have a content package on author, please replicate the package

Community Advisor

@wizard04wsu Can you check if cq:allowedTemplates' is defined on root with proper value like /conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/.*

Level 2

The value I have there is like /conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/page-(.*)

Community Advisor

@wizard04wsu Check if it is configured the same in publish as Author instance, if something is missing please add and validate.

Correct answer by
Level 2

SOLVED:

My template at "/conf/<root>/settings/wcm/templates/page-basic/initial" was missing the fragmentVariationPath property on the experience fragments. I'm not sure why it still worked on the author instance, though.

Thanks for your suggestions.