Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

"package file parameter missing" in package manager

Level 5

facing "package file parameter missing" error message while trying to upload a package in the server. This package is fine because i have downloaded the package from other server where it is working fine. I have also modified the start.sh file based on some google help and provided below parameters - 

CQ_JVM_OPTS="-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/app/AEM6/author/tmp ${CQ_JVM_OPTS}"
CQ_JVM_OPTS="-Djava.io.tmpdir=/app/AEM6/author/tmp ${CQ_JVM_OPTS}"

I have also looked into /tmp directory, which also looks fine (no space issues). Also looked into /tmp path, permissions are set correct

bash-4.2$ df -g /tmp
Filesystem    GB blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/hd3           2.50      2.49    1%      878     1% /tmp

Please provide some directions, what is wrong in this server.

8 Replies

Level 9

It would help if you specify what version you're on and what service packs or hotfixes you've applied.

For example, if using AEM 6.1, you need SP1.

- JK

Level 5

Tried to create a test package, while saving, getting below error - 

01.03.2016 17:12:12.245 *INFO* [pool-6-thread-1] com.adobe.granite.repository Service [3414] ServiceEvent REGISTERED
01.03.2016 17:12:12.436 *INFO* [pool-6-thread-1] com.adobe.granite.repository Service [3415] ServiceEvent REGISTERED
01.03.2016 17:12:25.420 *INFO* [qtp-1926428414-197] org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator getAnonymousResolver: Anonymous access not allowed by configuration - requesting credentials
01.03.2016 17:12:28.822 *ERROR* [qtp-1926428414-197] com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.servlets.UpdateServlet Error while updating package: /etc/packages/my_packages/test-test.zip
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
        at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1018)
        at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:2001)
        at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:2052)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.support.BlobFactoryImpl.allocateTmpFile(BlobFactoryImpl.java:57)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.support.BlobImpl.getFile(BlobImpl.java:111)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.support.HttpMultipartPost.getFileParameter(HttpMultipartPost.java:496)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.servlets.UpdateServlet.doService(UpdateServlet.java:124)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.AbstractServlet.service(AbstractServlet.java:52)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.MainServlet.doService(MainServlet.java:144)
        at com.day.crx.packmgr.impl.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:121)
        at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.handler.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:339)
        at org.apache.felix.http.base.internal.handler.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:300)

Level 10

See if this community article helps: 

https://www.jethrocarr.com/2015/02/21/aemcq-5-6-1-package-file-parameter-missing/

However - this deals with space issue. I suggest opening a ticket - there does not seem to be a lot of information about this condition other than space issues. 

Level 5
        Okay sure, I will open a ticket. Thanks for looking into the issue.

Level 5

This issue has been fixed. Root cause was /app/AEM6/author/tmp was not in the server, i had to create the directory manually to fix the issue. 

Level 9

Just restating the solution that when we upload the packages it creates required information at run time in /tmp folder.

Generally,this /tmp folder is existed in /crx-quickstart folder.

Thanks,

Kishore

Level 2

Hi @sandeepm744005

The issue is normally due to one of following 3 reasons:

- tmpdir does not have enough space

- tmpdir does not exist.

- AEM service user does not have proper permission to tmpdir

Back your case, I think it is because of permission issue. Solve it by:

- Check owner and permission of tmpdir: # ls -ls

- May need to update ownership to tmpdir: # sudo chown -R aem:aem $tmpdir

- And may need to update read+write permission: # sudo chmod +rw $tmpdir