Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Queue of workflow launchers

Level 3

Hi All,

We have a requirement where a launcher has to wait for another launcher to complete. The scenario is when an asset(It might be a pdf or document) is added under a DAM path, first the DAM Update Asset launcher has to run followed by my launcher.

Currently my launcher completes before default DAM Update Asset launcher, hence getting issues with renditions. Is there any way to set an order of the launchers?

Any solution will be very helpful. I am using AEM 5.6 version.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In launcher workflow which activates

Try adding a condition of a property which will only be present when Dam Asset update is completed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

I don't know your use case but you can customize the update asset workflow and add a custom process step at the end instead of triggering a new workflow via a launcher. 

Level 10

As kunal suggests - modify the 1st workflow to invoke the second workflow. This is the only way to deal with this use case.

Level 3

My use case is have a launcher that activates, once an Asset is uploaded, the the problem here is my launcher completes before the DAM asset update, hence the renditions are not moved to publish. Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Correct answer by
Level 10

In launcher workflow which activates

Try adding a condition of a property which will only be present when Dam Asset update is completed.