Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Question about best practices in A/B Test

Level 2

Hello everyone.

Got one question about best practices in A/B Testing with AEM / Target.

For the moment we are running A/B test with target and the JS implementation in order to switch position / image or anything like this.

Now we would like to A/B Test our product page between the current V1 and the new V2 (totally different page - template / component are not even the same).

What is the best way to achieve this ?

Is there any way to add a specific sling selector via target so i will have :

V1 : /product-page.html

V2 : /product-page.version_2.html

So it will be processed server side and will deliver the good version of the template. Is target capable of redirecting user to v1 or v2 template ?

Or to "load" both HTML, one hidden at load, and target will hide / show good part of the page ? (what about the performance and blinking effect)...

Or any other idea ?

By the past i was using Akamai to split traffic and add a url parameter before hitting the origin...

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Firstly I have to say I have never seen the case where A/B test is to replace whole page. But coming back to your ask, you can achieve this in AEM 6.2 by:

1. Replacing All components in the page 1 by 1. You need to create separate activity for each component.

But for this both web page needs to have 1:1 component mapping.

2. Or better solution is to use Adobe Target for this. With Adobe Target you can specify HTML code that you want to replace a component with.

With AEM 6.2 OOTB, it is not directly possible.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

I have asked our team to look at this.

Administrator

I would recommend you to use Experience Fragment (Xf) for maintaining 2 versions and use targeting on them rather than doing between 2 urls (different pages). You can use XFs to create a fragment which is made up on multiple components.

Example :- Creating Personal Experiences using Experience Manager and Adobe Target

Loading both HTML is not a good great way as we are putting unnecessary load on the page and i have never heard a case on A/B test on two different existing pages.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hello !

Seems to be a good solution,

but unfortunately we did not migrate to AEM 6.3 and we are still at the 6.2SP1.

Any other option with this "legacy" version ?

Thanks a lot

Level 2

Hello,

In fact, if i want to do A/B Test split how it works for AEM version 6.2.

Thanks again

Correct answer by
Administrator

Firstly I have to say I have never seen the case where A/B test is to replace whole page. But coming back to your ask, you can achieve this in AEM 6.2 by:

1. Replacing All components in the page 1 by 1. You need to create separate activity for each component.

But for this both web page needs to have 1:1 component mapping.

2. Or better solution is to use Adobe Target for this. With Adobe Target you can specify HTML code that you want to replace a component with.

With AEM 6.2 OOTB, it is not directly possible.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Thanks,

i will investigate in this way.

ps : In fact we are testing an old product page vs a brand new product page