Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Querybuilder Search not able to find nested component

Level 4

Hi All,

Currently I have this kind of layout. Inside one parsys we have one column control, inside column control we have one more column control in which I have put a text image component.

When I put the component inside the nested column control it is not able to search it, if I put the same component inside column control which is just inside parsys then it shows up. Is there a way to make the querybuilder search more deeper?

I have seen the documentation for query builder and it talks about p.nodedepth but it also does not seem to work.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/dam/customizing_and_extendingcq5dam/query_builder.html 

This is my original query

path=/content
type=cq:Page
fulltext=testText

I have tried adding nodedepth property

path=/content
fulltext=testText
p.hits=full
p.nodedepth=5

Thanks!

Shehjad

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

Above three parameters are used for generic search but p.hits or p.nodedepth are specific to when you perform search based on property. So to work with above query you should be describing property 

for example (from above use case) where you can replace fulltext to property specific and do the search

path=/content

property=jcr:title
property.value=testText

p.hits=full
p.nodedepth=5

Thanks,

Pawan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

Above three parameters are used for generic search but p.hits or p.nodedepth are specific to when you perform search based on property. So to work with above query you should be describing property 

for example (from above use case) where you can replace fulltext to property specific and do the search

path=/content

property=jcr:title
property.value=testText

p.hits=full
p.nodedepth=5

Thanks,

Pawan