Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Publisher getting down frequently in production.

Level 4

We have upgraded AEM to 6.5.7.

After upgrade we haev noticed that publisher is getting down and once we restart the instance then issue getting resolved.

When am checking the logs i am not able to find anything.

When am going through the thread dumps i have seen below :

It holds the lock and this makes the threads count increase and this might have made the application unresponsive. 

stackTrace:
java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
at java.base@11.0.8/java.lang.ref.Reference.waitForReferencePendingList(Native Method)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.lang.ref.Reference.processPendingReferences(Reference.java:241)
at java.base@11.0.8/java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java:213)

Could you please let me know if any one has any comments for this issue getting resolved.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @santhoshm687661 

This is a known issue in AEM 6.5.7

Deadlock in the SCR Component Registry when many threads are blocked due to org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ComponentRegistry timer. As a result, Experience Manager stops responding for an indefinite time (GRANITE-33125,FELIX-6252).

You need to upgrade it to either 6.5.8.0 or there is a hotfix available which needs to be installed to make it work.

Let me know if you need the hotfix.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor
Is this happening in all publishers or just a publisher instance?

Level 4

Its happening in all the publishers.

But we have 4 publishers in production.We are facing the issue one at a time.

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @santhoshm687661 

This is a known issue in AEM 6.5.7

Deadlock in the SCR Component Registry when many threads are blocked due to org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ComponentRegistry timer. As a result, Experience Manager stops responding for an indefinite time (GRANITE-33125,FELIX-6252).

You need to upgrade it to either 6.5.8.0 or there is a hotfix available which needs to be installed to make it work.

Let me know if you need the hotfix.

Thanks!

Level 4

@Asutosh_Jena_ Thanks for your response.

Please share me the hotfix package.

Thanks,