Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Publish/Unpublish Option for search results in asset admin search rail.

Level 2

Hi Team,

We are in the process of migrating our application to AEM6.1 to 6.4.

In AEM 6.1 when we search using asset admin search rail, and select multiple search results, We have the option to publish/unpublish them.

1740103_pastedImage_0.png

Whereas when we search in the results in 6.4 version and select the multiple assets we are not seeing an option to publish and unpublish the results.

Do we have an option to publish/unpublish the search results in aem 6.4.

1740107_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Sai

7 Replies

Employee

IMO this is a bug with 6.4. Reach out to support for a fix and mention CQ-4255355 for faster response.

Level 10

Probably, the new way to make it work is Choose "Properties" and then hit "Manage Publication" on the top

Level 2

Gaurav- I can see the manage publication for only the sites rail, i didn't see any option for the assets rail.

Level 2

Thanks Gaurav for the quick response.

When i search the assets from the admin search rail, i got the number of results and i have selected few of them and i opened the properties where i can see only the quick publish option. There is no manage publication or unpublish option.

1740327_pastedImage_0.png

Also, in the first place we are looking for the option to do the publish/unpublish when we get the search results?instead of going to the properties.

Thanks.

Level 10

The screenshot that I pasted has "Manage Publication" and its from 6.4.4. It could possibly be a bug fixed/released in SP4 which would be in the release notes.

For "Also, in the first place we are looking for the option to do the publish/unpublish when we get the search results?instead of going to the properties.", it would be better to check with DayCare as Kunwarpreet recommended.

Level 2

"The screenshot that I pasted has "Manage Publication" and its from 6.4.4. It could possibly be a bug fixed/released in SP4 which would be in the release notes." ---- I have checked this in the 6.4.4 plain environment without any custom code aswell but i couldn't find the manage publication button. Could you please tell me if there is any steps you followed to get the manage publication option.

Thanks