Expand my Community achievements bar.

Publish Later | ERROR : not enough rights to manage publications

Level 2

Few users under a group(A group of users under a specific market) are getting not enough rights to manage publications error when trying to Publish Later . We have given complete permissions for etc/workflows and still I receive the same error. We do not want to give administrative access to these groups, since they should have rights to publish later pages only under their market.  What permissions are required for Publish Later ?

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you check if the group has replicate rights on the content directory?

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 9.33.10 AM.png

Also, As per the repository restructuring for 6.4[1] and above,/etc/workflow was moved under /conf and you might need provide the following nodes with proper rights:

/libs/settings/workflow/models

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models

/var/workflow/models

[1] Pomocník pre Adobe Experience Manager | Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4 

Level 2

Thank you Jaideep. But when I set the above permissions, the users are able to Publish Later for the pages with read access as well. I want to restrict users to publish Later for those pages where they have complete access, not the pages with read access.

For example : I have given read access to a group for pages /content/xxx/global/home and complete access for /content/xxx/uk/home.

When i set the above permissions, the users under this group is able to publish later  /content/xxx/global/home .

How can I restrict Publish Later permissions only for pages with replication access ?

Level 2

Hi , 

I need to provide the Manage Publication access to Authors group in  AEM 6.5.1 , I  tried adding read , write , replicate permissions to above three nodes but still I  am getting "Not enough rights to publish error".

Can you help to guide on the same.

Thanks.

Level 1

Add Authors group to the "workflow-users" group. 

A user participating in a workflow must be member of group workflow-users. This gives him or her full access to: /etc/workflow/instances so that he or she can update the workflow instance.
The group is included in the standard installation, but you must manually add your users to the group.

Level 4

If you can make user part of "workflow_users", it will be a quick and fast way to enable the manage publication functionality. However if not then below nodes need be given access as per below list(dump from netrcentric plugin):

- workflow-users:

- path: /etc/workflow/scripts
permission: deny
privileges: rep:write

- path: /etc/workflow/models
privileges: jcr:versionManagement,rep:write,jcr:lockManagement

- path: /var/workflow/models
privileges: jcr:versionManagement,rep:write,jcr:lockManagement

- path: /etc/workflow/launcher