Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Publish Instance with Servlets

Level 5

I've replicated a site to our publish instance using activate tree. Everything

is find except when it calls out to the servlet. How do i replicate the servlet to the

publish instance. The servlet is currently in an oSGI bundle.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

when you deploy your application code, you should deploy it to all instances (both authoring and publishing) directly. Then you can let authors replicate content (pages/assets), and everything should work.

Technically it's possible to replicate bundles as well, but it's causing much more work and overhead than than a (manual/automated) deployment itself, because the later one is much mor predictable and controllable in terms of time used and instances affected by this operation.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Have you replicated the OSGI Bundle?

Level 10

To get OSGi bundles onto Publish, a package is typically deployed on the Pub instance that contains the OSGi bundle. That is how I get OSGi onto Pub instances. 

Replication is more of JCR node content - such as content under /apps, /content etc. 

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/deploy/configuring/replication.html

You can also manually place an OSGi bundle on a Pub instance using the felix console. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

when you deploy your application code, you should deploy it to all instances (both authoring and publishing) directly. Then you can let authors replicate content (pages/assets), and everything should work.

Technically it's possible to replicate bundles as well, but it's causing much more work and overhead than than a (manual/automated) deployment itself, because the later one is much mor predictable and controllable in terms of time used and instances affected by this operation.

kind regards,
Jörg