Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

PSD File Upload | Maximum image size exceeded Issues

Level 1

Hi All,

I've requirement to upload PSD file to DAM and create custom renditions as well. I'm getting below error when I try to create renditions above 2000X2000 and getting below error. Which works fine for lesser renditions.

[Thread-2438] com.scene7.is.ps.j2ee.ErrorInterceptorBean illegal image size: 'Maximum image size exceeded: Limit is 2000.0,2000.0, Actual image dimension is 1900x2935' {} net path: '/is/image/content/dam/mdanderson/test/1900X2935.psd' query: 'wid=1900&hei=2935&fit=constrain,0&qlt=100&fmt=jpeg' referer: 'null'

Caused by: illegal image size: 'Maximum image size exceeded: Limit is 2000.0,2000.0, Actual image dimension is 1900x2935' {}:illegal image size: 'Maximum image size exceeded: Limit is 2000.0,2000.0, Actual image dimension is 1900x2935' {} at com.scene7.is.ps.provider.util.ImageRequester.getPixels(ImageRequester.java:61)

22.10.2015 20:06:00.825 *ERROR* [JobHandler: /etc/workflow/instances/2015-10-22/model_121087736696933:/content/dam/mdanderson/test/1900X2935.psd/jcr:content/renditions/original] com.day.cq.dam.core.impl.AssetImpl addRendition: cannot add new rendition [1900X2935.full.rendition.jpeg] for asset [/content/dam/mdanderson/test/1900X2935.psd]:

Note : I've tried "Day CQ DAM Buffered Image Cache" Max Dimension as 3000 but no luck.

Is there any config I missed out? Any Pointers to address this issue?

Thanks in Advance!

3 Replies

Administrator

Hi 

we can configure the Size limit of the assets.
Please find below the way of doing so:-
1. In AEM, touch Tools > CRXDE Lite.
2. In the CRXDE Lite page, in the directory window on the left, navigate to /jcr_root/apps/dam.
3. You may need to touch the >> icon to see the directory window.
4. In the /jcr_root/apps/dam folder, use the Create(if not present) drop-down list to create a node with the following directory structure:
/gui/content/assets/_jcr_content/body/assetscontent/header/items/items/fileupload (it may be already present).
5. When you are finished creating the node, the full path appears as the following:
6. /jcr_root/apps/dam/gui/content/assets/_jcr_content/body/assetscontent/header/items/items/fileupload
7. Select the fileupload node, then in the Properties tab, enter the following property value:
8. {sizeLimit : ""32212254720""}
9. “chunkUploadMinFileSize property”:- The size above which an asset is considered a large asset.  You can configure the system to consider assets above 30 Mb (instead of 50 Mb) in size as large assets. In other words, the progress bar appears when assets above 30 Mb in size are uploaded.
10. In the upper-left of the CRXDE Lite page, touch Save All.

If you would like to change limit of WebDev, then youe would need to make following changes.:-

Enter regedit in the Windows 7 input prompt. 

In the registration editor that opens, navigate to the menu item HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Beachte auch SYSTEM Beachte auch CurrentControlSet Beachte auchservices Beachte auch WebClient Beachte auch Parameters. Right click on the item FileSizeLimitInBytes and select Change.

Change the display mode to Decimal and enter 4294967295 (you can set your limit here). This corresponds exactly to 4 GB, the maximum size dictated by the protocol.

Reference Links
1. https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui/managing-video-assets....
2. https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/assets/managing-assets-touch-ui.html

This is the way to configure the limit of assets.
I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards
Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

In my case, i have to add size limitation on file upload resource (drag and drop the image from asset)in touch ui dialog.I have tried sizeLimit property too,but it did not work.