Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Provide an option to start workflow dialog box

Level 2

Can I provide one more option inside 'start workflow' dialog box?

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 4.26.13 PM.png

Actually I want to provide an option to select date and time if a particular workflow is selected (let's say workflow model A) inside this dialog box. Can I somehow override it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@chintan97 you can overlay the below jsp to customise the popup, the data for the new field will be save under the metadata node of the workflow instance. So you should be able to read this data from workflow object.

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/workflow/startworkflow/startworkflow.jsp

But what is the purpose of this new field, Can this not be added into the dialog participant step rather then overlaying the OOTB component ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

@chintan97 you can overlay the below jsp to customise the popup, the data for the new field will be save under the metadata node of the workflow instance. So you should be able to read this data from workflow object.

/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/workflow/startworkflow/startworkflow.jsp

But what is the purpose of this new field, Can this not be added into the dialog participant step rather then overlaying the OOTB component ?

Level 2

Thanks Raghav. Actually I wanted initiator's input for scheduling the activation of page. And I wanted to add date picker component for that. Now, I am adding dynamic participant step and assigning it to initiator. However, I am facing issues even after following https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/workflows-step-ref.html#Par... . I tried adding dialog in dynamic participant step. It shows 'touchUiDialogPath' property invalid or missing